We’ve affectionately named this one the ‘Mongrel’ because it’s made from a variety of the colours and patterns our customers have loved so much over the years. But don’t let the name or appearance fool you, this is still one seriously good base layer.
The Mongrel is mostly made from our flagship Enigma MicroMerino® - 96% superfine Australian Merino and 4% Elastane for an easy four way stretch. There’s also a few different premium Merino fabric panels thrown in, but rest assured they’re all still super soft and comfortable.
Look more than skin deep, and you can still expect the same level of natural breathability, temperature regulation, moisture wicking and odour-resistance you’ll find in the rest of our best-selling Altitude range.
Admittedly, the ‘Mongrel’ is not for the fainthearted, but then, if you’re out there getting up to all sorts of exciting adventures, you’re probably going to be the kind of person who’s more than happy to rock some colour.
- Made with a mix of premium Merino fabrics offering high performance and an incredibly soft next to skin feel.
- Drop back hem designed for tucking into your outer layer, meaning that your skin is never exposed when bending or moving.
- Thumb loops that stop your sleeves riding and bunching under your arms when layering.
- Tag free, flat lock stitching and raglan sleeves eliminating chafing, maximizing comfort and next to skin contact.
- Ultra Trail Australia mandatory gear approved
What you need to know:
- Layering: Base layer
- Weight: Lightweight (170 gsm)
- Fit: Contact
- Length: Drop back hem – extra length at the back
- Main Fabric: Enigma, 96% Merino & 4% Elastane, 100% pure Merino. Fabric Panels: 100% Merino, 96% Merino & 4% Elastane.
Natural MicroMerino® Benefits:
- Naturally breathable and temperature regulating. Helps keep you warm when it’s cool and cool when it’s warm.
- Moisture Wicking. Stays warm even when it’s wet and naturally wicks moisture away from the skin for extra comfort.
- Odor-Resistant. Natural antimicrobial properties to prevent odor – especially good for travelling and extended adventures.
- Made with only the softest, finest Australian Merino wool. Designed and knitted in Australia for adventure.
- An ethically and sustainably produced natural fibre. Good for the people who make it. Good for the planet.