If you’re looking for a luxurious next to skin feel, look no more as the Vital will totally change the way you feel about Merino wool layers. Even if you’re already a Merino convert, the unique MicroMerino® fabric used in this top takes comfort to a whole new level. In fact, if you can find a softer, smoother, Merino top anywhere, we’d like to know about it!
This top delivers all the warmth, comfort, temperature regulation, breathability and odor resistance Merino is famous for, but with the added benefit of being unbelievably silky smooth and soft. It’s also super versatile so whether you’re going for a run on a super cold morning, hitting the back country, bagging peaks or even doing what you do in milder temperatures, we promise this top will put a smile on your face.
The ribbed texture in the Kryptos MicroMerino® fabric the Vital is made from creates tiny air pockets at both the skin and interlayers to help trap warmth and keep you warmer than you would ever believe possible from a top this thin and lightweight.
If you’ve ever steered clear of Merino because you didn’t believe it could be comfortable enough, or if you’ve tried other brands and been disappointed, this is the top that will make you 'ReThink Wool’. If ever there was a pure, natural Merino thermal top suitable for people with sensitive skin or allergies, this would be it.
As if the fabric alone wasn’t already delivering ridiculously high levels of comfort, we’ve made it with flat-lock seams and flat transfer tags for ultimate comfort, and extra length so you’ll stay tucked in and warm no matter how active you are. Even if you’re doing one of those really bendy yoga poses!
io Tip: The Vital has a ‘next to skin’ fit and is body hugging so if you don’t want a full contact fit, we’d recommend going up a size. Layer the Altitude Long Sleeve over the top of the Vital Long Sleeve for the perfect layering system and maximum heat retention.
- ioMerino ‘Kryptos’ MicroMerino® fabric
- Ribbed texture for extra insulation
- Superior super 18.5 microns
- Tag free for scratch-free comfort
- Anti-chafe, flat-lock seams
- Ultra Trail Australia mandatory gear approved thermals
What you need to know:
- Layering: Next to skin
- Weight: Super lightweight (155gsm)
- Fit: Contact
- Length: Top-of-thigh
- Fabric: Kryptos - 100% Merino
Natural MicroMerino® Benefits:
- Naturally breathable and temperature regulating. Helps keep you warm when it’s cool and cool when it’s warm.
- Moisture Wicking. Stays warm even when it’s wet and naturally wicks moisture away from the skin for extra comfort.
- Odor-Resistant. Natural antimicrobial properties to prevent odor – especially good for travelling and extended adventures.
- Made with only the softest, finest Australian Merino wool. Designed and knitted in Australia for adventure.
- An ethically and sustainably produced natural fibre. Good for the people who make it. Good for the planet.