While the Vital range is generally contact fit, we’ve made the V Neck a little more of a relaxed fit. The ribbed fabric will still give it a close to skin feel but without the 'second skin’ fit of our other Vital layers.
This top delivers all the warmth, comfort, temperature regulation, breathability and odor resistance Merino is famous for, but with the added benefit of being unbelievably silky smooth and soft. It’s also super versatile so whether you’re going for a run on a super cold morning, hitting the back country, bagging peaks or even doing what you do in milder temperatures, we promise this top will put a smile on your face.
The ribbed texture in the Kryptos MicroMerino® fabric the Vital is made from creates tiny air pockets at both the skin and interlayers to help trap warmth and keep you warmer than you would ever believe possible from a top this thin and lightweight.
If you’ve ever steered clear of Merino because you didn’t believe it could be comfortable enough, or if you’ve tried other brands and been disappointed, this is the top that will make you 'ReThink Wool’. If ever there was a pure, natural Merino thermal top suitable for people with sensitive skin or allergies, this would be it.
As if the fabric alone wasn’t already delivering ridiculously high levels of comfort, we've made this one with flat-lock seams and flat transfer tags for ultimate comfort.
- Unique ioMerino ‘Kryptos’ super light 100% merino wool. The ribbed structure of this fabric creates air-pockets at both the skin and interlayer levels to help keep you warm.
- Superior 18.5 micro soft and lightweight Micromerino®, providing a luxurious next to skin feel
- Tag free with anti-chafe flat-lock seams
- UV resistance
- Warm when both wet and dry
- Antimicrobial (aka anti-odour and anti-bacterial)
- Subtle V neck design
- Ultra Trail Australia mandatory gear approved thermals
What you need to know:
- Layering: Next to skin
- Weight: Super lightweight (155gsm)
- Fit: Regular
- Length: Top of thigh
- Fabric: Kryptos 100% superfine Australian Merino
Natural MicroMerino® benefits:
- Naturally breathable and temperature regulating. Helps keep you warm when it’s cool and cool when it’s warm.
- Moisture Wicking. Stays warm even when it’s wet and naturally wicks moisture away from the skin for extra comfort.
- Odor-Resistant. Natural antimicrobial properties to prevent odor – especially good for travelling and extended adventures.
- Made with only the softest, finest Australian Merino wool. Designed and knitted in Australia for adventure.
- An ethically and sustainably produced natural fibre. Good for the people who make it. Good for the planet.
Layer the new Rapids Longsleeve over the top of the Vital V Neck Longsleeve for maximum heat retention. Both new V Neck styles are complementary for easy layering. The layering of the smooth ‘Enigma’ fabric over the ribbed ‘Kryptos’ fabric provides the ultimate warmth without overheating.
Model Wears size small