Do your clothes fit your values as well as your body? We’ll give you six reason you can feel as good about going with io, as you do in it.
There’s no question our clothes feel great when you’re in them. That whole ultra fine, breathable, moisture wicking, temperature regulating, odour resistant thing means they’re ridiculously comfortable. But more and more we’re finding people want to feel as good about their clothes as they do in them.
So here’s six reasons you can feel good about going with io:
1. We’re a family owned business. Sixth generation wool. Not a big multinational conglomerate. No soul-less board of directors who only care about money. Just a family who love wool, who want to make and share bloody great outdoor clothing.
SHOP OUR FEEL GOOD CLOTHES NOW
2. We’re Australian. If you’re a true blue Aussie yourself, you’ll know that’s a good thing. We’re local. We’re based here. We employ people here. We pay taxes here. We use Australian wool. We knit most of that wool into fabric here. If you’re not Australian, then just roll with it. Our wool is the best in the world. And Aussies are generally speaking pretty great people. And how cool is it owning and wearing a little piece of Australia? Tell your friends, they’ll be impressed.
Starting to feel good about going with io? Then check out our product right here
3. We don’t use sweat shops. Ever. We’ve produced in a few different factories and countries over the years. These days, most of our fabric is made here in Australia, and the majority of our gear are made nearby in Fiji at unionised factories we’ve personally visited. Anything that isn't made here or in Fiji only gets sent to factories that meet those same standards. (From time to time we produce things in places like Sri Lanka as well.) We know you care about this sort of stuff, and we do too.
4. Because most of our fabrics are made right here in Australia and manufactured nearby in Fiji, there’s less to and fro throughout the production process and less miles traveled means a smaller impact footprint. We know we’re not perfect, but we’re always working on ways to improve even more and will keep doing that in an effort to always be better.
5. We’ve all heard about what a massive problem micro plastics are becoming. With io, you can wear them longer without washing them. Just ‘air and wear’ and depending on what you’re doing in them, you can get multiple wears without washing. Certainly days, possibly even weeks. Less washing, less water, less detergents, less micro plastics.
Multiple wears without washing? We mean it! Get stink-free gear right here
6. Because we want you to get the full performance of merino, our fabrics are all either pure merino, or merino rich (usually 80+%). This means, unlike synthetics which become landfill for 100s or even 1000s of years, when you’re done with your io, it breaks down back into nature.
Some people think ioMerino is only for winter. Wrong! They’re brilliant for the in-between seasons and well into summer too. We’ll tell you 10 things you may not have considered when you were planning what to wear Outside when winter comes to an end and it's time to defrost.
While Merino is an amazing natural fibre, not all Merino fabrics are created equal. At ioMerino, we make our own fabrics, using only the best quality fibres, and to very specific specifications that make the most of the natural benefits of Merino. All of them are 'Merino rich’. No cheap blends passed off as Merino. No cheaper scratchy fibres or synthetic substitutes to save money. No unethical production. And each fabric is made for a specific purpose. So if you see something with a small amount of elastase or nylon added, you can be sure it absolutely needs to be there to enhance the natural stretch and durability.
It took every bit of our 140 years of experience in the wool industry to perfect our fabrics, but we think you’ll agree the end result was more than worth the effort.
Ethically Made. Ethically Sourced. Perfectly Natural.
Lightweight 170gsm 96% Australian Merino Wool with 4% elastane for extra stretch and comfort. A MicroMerino® Fabric.
Lightweight 160gsm 83% Australian Merino Wool blended with 12% nylon blended for extra durability and 5% Elastane for stretch and comfort.
Midweight 265gsm 96% Australian Merino Wool with 4% elastane for extra stretch and comfort. A MicroMerino® Fabric.
Made from 45% ultra fine MERINO (Ultra Lightweight 150gsm), 45% natural TENCEL (made from sustainably grown wood fiber), and 10% nylon for extra durability.
Ultra Lightweight 150gsm 100% Australian Merino Wool. A MicroMerino® Fabric.
Midweight 280gsm 76% Australian Merino Wool, 15% Elastane and 9% Nylon for extra stretch and compression properties.
Ultra lightweight ribbed 155gsm 100% Australian Merino Wool. A MicroMerino® Fabric.
Outer Weight 280gsm Fleece 100% Australian Merino Wool. A MicroMerino® Fabric.
Midweight 260gsm 100% Australian Merino Wool. A MicroMerino® Fabric.
Midweight 260gsm waffle texture 100% Australian Merino Wool. A MicroMerino® Fabric.
Midweight 255gsm French Terry 100% Australian Merino Wool. A MicroMerino® Fabric.